NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: #AwakenYourForceSweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least fifteen (15) years old at the time of entry. Employees of HP Inc., Collectively, Inc., Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC, HelloWorld, Inc. (the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: HP Inc., 1501 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on November 30, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"), and consists of five (5) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”), as outlined in the table below:
(at 12:00 a.m. ET)
(at 11:59 p.m. ET)
Approximate Drawing Date
November 30, 2015
December 7, 2015
December 8, 2015
December 8, 2015
December 15, 2015
December 16, 2015
December 16, 2015
December 27, 2015
December 28, 2015
December 28, 2015
January 6, 2016
January 7, 2016
January 7, 2016
January 15, 2016
January 18, 2016
Twitter, Inc.'s and Instagram, LLC's servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
During any Entry Period, log in to or create your Twitter or Instagram account and view the #AwakenYourForceSweepstakes announced by @HP on Twitter and @hp on Instagram. Then, Tweet or post a photo that displays your creative side inspired by Star Wars and HP, along with the hashtag #AwakenYourForceSweepstakes (hereafter, your "Submission"). You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the drawing for the applicable Entry Period for a Submission that complies with these Official Rules.
5. Entry Requirements and Content Restrictions: All Submissions must be originally created (whether text or photo) by entrant. Entrant must have permission from all individuals who appear in the Submission (if any) to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to exercise the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Submissions must be relevant to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, failure of any Submission to comply with the below requirements and restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of entrant. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. Entries shall not be acknowledged or returned. Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Sponsor. Entry containing any of the following may be disqualified:
· Contains or depicts someone smoking or intoxicated;
Violates or infringes another's rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
Contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
Contains any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or displays any commercial/corporate advertising other than that of Sponsor or Star Wars;
Contains indecent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous;
References persons or organizations without their written permission other than that of Sponsor or Star Wars;
Disparages or defames any persons or organizations including but not limited to Sponsor, Collectively, Inc., Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
Includes threats to any person, place, business, or group;
Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations;
Contains anything that is determined to damage or diminish the goodwill of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below), as determined by such entities solely in their respective discretion;
Does not comply with the terms or conditions or guidelines posted by Twitter or Instagram (as applicable); or
Is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, including for presentation in a public forum, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Failure of any Submission to comply with the above Entry Requirements and Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of entrant. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that, in its sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. Submissions shall not be acknowledged or returned. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Sponsor.
Tweeting or posting a Submission on Twitter or Instagram constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes of Sponsor’s and its licensor’s products and services. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
Limit: You may enter five (5) times per Entry Period, regardless of your method of entry. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, Instagram accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Drawings: Administrator is an independent organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received for each applicable Entry Period, on or around the dates outlined in the table in Section 3. Non-winning entries will not be included in drawings for subsequent Entry Periods. The potential winners will be notified via Twitter or Instagram, from @HP or @hp (as applicable). Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and submit a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity release ("Declaration") within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to submit the Declaration within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period.
7. Prizes: TWENTY-FIVE (25) GRAND PRIZES (five (5) awarded per Entry Period): A Limited Edition Star Wars Laptop from HP and four (4) movie tickets, which may be used to see the Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $725. Total ARV of all Grand Prizes for each Entry Period: $3,625. The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. All details of the laptop will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
8. Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final, to forever waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules and to forever and irrevocably to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram, LLC, (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, and from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (b) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes promotional materials, (c) acceptance, attendance at, participation in, travel related to, possession, receipt, delivery of, defects in, use, misuse or inability to use a prize (or any component thereof), (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, (e) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, (f) human error, (g) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry, (h) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Sweepstakes site or any computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by any of the Sweepstakes Entities or by an entrant, (i) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes site or any other Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (j) any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, (k) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (l) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (m) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of their agents or employees, (n) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof). Prizes are provided, as is, without warranty of any kind. Each prize winner hereby acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes(excluding any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with (i) the use of any of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes or (ii) the Star Wars intellectual property) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Any and all disputes, claims and cause of action arising out of or connected with the use of prizes or Star Wars intellectual property shall be noted individually, without resort in any form of class action, before the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida, U.S.A.; or, if the Circuit Court does not have jurisdiction, then before the United States Court for Middle District of Florida (Orlando Division); or if neither of such courts shall have jurisdiction, then before any other court sitting in Orange County, Florida, U.S.A., having subject matter jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A.
14. Winners List: For a winners list, visit http://bit.ly/1PUzu5G. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2015 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, LLC.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC and each of their respective parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.